- General Rules
Polish Academy of Sciences with headquarters in Warsaw (00-901), Palace of Culture and Science at Plac Defilad 1, NIP 525 157 50 83 and REGON 000325713 is the administrator of all data on PAS websites.
Data protection is carried out in accordance with the requirements of generally applicable law and their storage takes place on secured servers.
„GDPR” means General Data Protection Regulation. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 from April 27th 2016.
We respect the right to privacy and we care about data security. For this purpose, among others, we use a secure communication encryption protocol (SSL). If you’ve put in any data in any contact forms on this website it’s treated as strictly confidential and won’t be accessible to any 3rd party.
Contact with the person responsible for data protection: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Administrator
The Polish Academy of Sciences is the data controller of its clients and employees. This means that if you have any account on our site, we process your data as: name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, position, place of work, IP address. The Polish Academy of Sciences is also the administrator of people subscribed to, for example, a newsletter.
Personal data is processed:
- in accordance with the provisions on the protection of personal data,
- to the extent and purpose necessary to fulfill legitimate interests (legitimate purposes), and the processing does not violate the rights and freedoms of the data subject
Each data subject (if we are their administrator) has the right to access data, rectify, delete or limit processing, the right to object, the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body. The removal of personal data may occur as a result of the withdrawal of consent or filing a legally admissible objection to the processing of personal data.
The Polish Academy of Sciences reserves the right to process data after withdrawal of consent only for the purpose of seeking possible claims before the court or if national or EU regulations or international law oblige us to retain data.
The Polish Academy of Sciences has the right to share personal data of the User and other his data with entities authorized under the applicable law (eg law enforcement authorities).
The Polish Academy of Sciences does not share personal data with other entities than authorized under the applicable law. The data administrator has implemented data encryption and has introduced access control, which minimizes the effects of possible data security breaches. Personal data is processed by persons authorized only by the administrator or the processor with whom we work closely.
- Cookie files and data
All information about cookies can be found on the PAN website: https://institution.pan.pl/index.php/cookies-policy
Additional personal data, such as an e-mail address, are collected only in places where the user expressly consented to this by completing the form. The above data is retained and used only for the needs necessary to perform a given function.
- Cookies are small text files, which are placed in users’ devices in order to assist future visits at the website. Cookies usually contain information such as the name of the webpage, time of saving cookie files in the device and an identifier (a string of letters and numbers).
- The entity placing cookies in the end device is the administrator of the website of the Polish Academy of Sciences (Polska Akademia Nauk, Pałac Kultury i Nauki, pl. Defilad 1, 00-901 Warszawa, Poland).
- Cookies are used for:
- customizing page content to the user’s preferences and optimizing user experience. In particular, cookies are used to recognize the user’s device, display the webpage properly according to the user’s individual needs;
- collecting statistics helpful in understanding how users browse the webpage, which allows for improving webpage structure and content;
- maintaining the user’s session active (after logging in) so that the user does not have to enter login and password on each subsequent page.
- Two types of cookies are used by the webpage: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored in the user’s device until logging out, leaving the webpage or shutting down the device (or browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the end device during the time determined in cookies preferences or until they are deleted by the user.
- The following kinds of cookies are used by the webpage:
- obligatory cookies enabling webpage functions and services (e. g. verifying cookies required within services provided by the webpage);
- security cookies used to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
- analytics cookies which collect data concerning the usability of the webpage;
- functional cookies used to personalize the webpage for each user according to set preferences (e. g., language, region, font size, display, etc.).
- Usually browser default preferences allow for storing cookies in the end device. Users can change browser preferences at any time; they may block cookies or set notifications for every attempt of using cookies. Detailed information about cookies settings are available in browser preferences.
- Blocking cookies may result in limitations in using the webpage.
- Further information on cookies may be found in Help section in the browser menu. This cookies policy is based on a template created by IAB Polska.